MESSAGE FROM THE NORTHEAST REGIONAL CENTER FOR EXCELLENCE IN VECTOR-BORNE DISEASES:
The Northeast Regional Center for Excellence in Vector-Borne Diseases is updating our Pesticide Resistance Monitoring Program for the 2021 season. As many of you are aware, we have offered services through this program since 2019. This system includes kits and guidelines, as well as a specimen submission system whereby mosquito control agencies in the Northeast are able to send live mosquitoes directly to our laboratory at Cornell University for resistance testing.
We had many participants in our network last season, and want to thank everyone who participated in what was a challenging year for all.
An ongoing part of our program is to reach out across our network to learn how to best continue serving the community in our region. To this end, we are asking those working in state- and county-level public health and vector control agencies in the region to complete this brief survey to direct our program. Your participation is essential to the continuing development of the pesticide resistance monitoring program.
Clicking on the link below will take you to the pesticide use and resistance survey, which should only take between 10-to-15 minutes to complete and will ask questions relevant to the following subjects:
- Which state and county agencies are responsible for conducting vector surveillance and control?
- What mosquito species are being targeted for control?
- What pesticide products are being used in our region?
- Did you participate in our program last season, and how can we improve the program for the 2021 season?
- Are pesticide resistance monitoring programs already established in the region and what methods are being used?
- What can we do to ensure our pesticide monitoring program and specimen submission system is well-focused on the needs of public health practitioners throughout the northeastern United States?
Survey Link: https://cornell.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ezCiBl9qnEGh3ts
Thank you all for taking the time to fill out this survey and we look forward to learning more about how we can best serve our region!
Pesticide Resistance Monitoring Network
Northeast Regional Center for Excellence in Vector-Borne Diseases